InfinCE Guest User feature facilitates easy collaboration between your employees and customers/business partners. Guest Users in InfinCE are the external users to whom we can provide limited access to select InfinCE features, such as Dashboards, Files, Meetings, Chat and Applications. InfinCE users with relevant permissions can invite the Guest Users by providing their email id.
Here is a quick walk-through of the InfinCE Guest User feature:
InfinCE users with required permissions can invite Guests to collaborate on the InfinCE Workplace. The steps for inviting Guest Users are given below:
- Click on the Administration > People > Guest Users.
- Click on the ‘Invite Guest User’ button.
- The ‘Invite Guest User’ pop-up appears, where you can enter the email id of the Guest and select the team (not mandatory) to which you are inviting the Guest.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The Guest will receive an email notification, where he/she can click to register with InfinCE.
- The Guests will be listed in the ‘Manage Guest Users’ section.
- The status of the Guest will be ‘Pending’ until he/she registers to InfinCE Workplace.
Guest Registration & Login
When the Guest is invited, an email is sent out to their email ID with the URL to register and create their Guest account on InfinCE. Details of how the Guest can access InfinCE are covered in the article “Guest Access to InfinCE“
Collaborating with Guest User
The InfinCE user can share files with their Guest.
- Click on the ‘Home’ menu on the top and click on the ‘Files’ menu on the top left.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to upload the file.
- Once the file is uploaded, click on the file and the ‘Share’ icon to type in the Guest User email id for sharing the file.
InfinCE users can create a team and add Guest Users to it. In the ‘Home’ menu, click on the ‘Dashboard Settings’ icon on the top right. Click on the ‘Teams’ option, select the team from the drop-down and click on the ‘Submit’ button to share the Dashboard within the team. Now the Dashboard is visible to all members of the selected team (including the Guest User) and can be editable by the Team/InfinCE Administrators.
Chat with Guests
The InfinCE user who invited the Guest can directly chat with them.
- Click on the ‘Guest Users’ icon on the right navigation panel to view the list of Guests you have invited to InfinCE.
- You can also initiate video calls/audio calls and ad-hoc meetings over Chat.
Invite Guest to Meetings
InfinCE users can invite their Guests as participants to meetings.
- The Guest Users can view the meeting details in the Meeting section of their InfinCE Dashboard.
Provision Applications to Guests
Administrators can provision applications to the Guest using the following steps:
- Click on the Administration > Applications > Installed Applications.
- Click on the ‘Manage’ button of the required application.
- Click the ‘Add User’ button.
- In the Add User pop-up, select the user’s role, choose the ‘User’ option, select the Guest and click the ‘Submit’ button.
Managing Guest Users
As an Administrator, you can view the Guest User details by clicking on the View button against the User in Administration > People > Guest Users.
- You can view the basic info, personal information, usage details, applications used, and team information of the Guest User.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon to view the user who has invited the Guest to InfinCE.
- You can view the InfinCE users connected to the Guest, the Teams they are part of, and when the invitations were sent out.
- Click on the ‘Remove’ icon to remove the Guest User from the team.
- Administrators can click on the ‘Delete’ icon to permanently delete the Guest from InfinCE Workplace.
Stay tuned for more upgrades to Guest User!